27 November 2010

cooking up a storm




























i did a great amount of cooking this week, not only for thanksgiving but also for a few dinners with friends. our thanksgiving meal this year was so memorable, with lots of family and lots of homemade treats. i helped my grandma in the kitchen on thursday, roasting and basting the turkey and i made the apple and pumpkin pie the night before. it was bliss to be able to have a hand in our meal and to spend such good time with my grandma.

this weekend we are on a little 'getaway-in-the-city', house sitting for a friend on the other side of town. it is good to get some time away. hope you all are eating well and enjoying the weekend.
xoxo

8 comments:

  1. Good to hear you did a lot of cookign, Ana. I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a perfect Thanksgiving. My favorite part of the holiday is cooking, also. The light in that top photo is so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic pictures - so full of life even though no people are present!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the light in the kitchen. Sounds like a wonderful holiday week you've had! I made my first turkey and huge meal...I was relieved it turned out and of course, J. was happy too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the messy kitchen! i always make a mess. glad to know i'm not the only one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds so fun to go on a getaway in the city! I hope it's wonderful and gives you a new perspective on living here : )

    PS I'm so jealous of your kitchen - I wish I had a window in mine!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for your comment! i appreciate hearing from you.