22 June 2009

the peace of wild things



the farmer's market provides great inspiration for photos.

saturday, i had good friends over for breakfast and we all walked down to the fremont solstice parade. it was so joyful and colorful and lovely that i took two rolls of 120 film on my holga! i can't wait to get those developed and show you the parade. one friend brought homemade ginger vanilla sugar that she broiled on top of sliced grapefruit. wow!

i also, for later in the day, made two batches of ice cream and a pasta salad with basil from my garden. yum.

***
just an fyi, the photo on my last post was a double exposure with my holga. one shot right side up, the other upside down. of course, inspired by tifanie. it was actually a really bright day but something in the two shots on top of each other made the photo look foggy and almost black and white. thanks for enjoying it!

***

i have been looking at this lady's blog recently for her stunning shots of life in korea. she just shared a wendell berry poem that stuck with me. i had to pass it along:

The Peace of Wild Things
by Wendell Berry

When despair for the world grows in me
and I wake in the night at the least sound
in fear of what my life and my children’s lives may be,
I go and lie down where the wood drake
rests in beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds.
I come into the peace of wild things
who do not tax their lives with forethought
of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
And I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting with their light. For a time,
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.


i'm having a hard start to my monday (maybe because i feel like i should be on summer vacation but i'm now a working stiff and don't get summer breaks), but this poem gives me a little light to give the day a push.

i hope it helps your monday, as well...

4 comments:

  1. lovely thoughts, Anna.

    We were at the fremont fair on Sunday!

    Hope your Monday gets better... (maybe plan in your mind for dinner outside? a picnic?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the softness of the first picture!! Is it taken with a Holga?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Ida! thank you for your sweet comment, they were both taken with a holga. i love the holga!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heart holga too! Two wonderful shots!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for your comment! i appreciate hearing from you.